Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking a Press Helper in its San Antonio, TX facility.
The Press Helper is responsible for assisting lead pressmen to ensure the quality of the finished product.
* Continually inspects the printed material for quality and alerts 1st or 2nd Operator of any problems.
* Discards bad signatures due to blanket washes, dry-ups, mis-register, etc... after obtaining approval.
* Places product on skids in an orderly fashion to ensure safe and efficient transport.
* Uses an electric or manual jack to move skids away from the press.
* Preserve used plates, filing them in the racks.
* Gum used plates as required.
* Assist in press wash-ups.
* Lift 25 lb stacks of printed sheets off the delivery end of the press.
* Bundles 40 -- 60 lb stacks of printed material off the delivery end of the press.
* Works in a safe manner at all times. Comply with work and safety rules.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions. Warehouse and plant with exposure to dust, noise and fumes.
* Walking and standing 100% of shift on concrete flooring.
* Position requires grasping and utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the utilization of color vision. Ability to look closely at printed material all shift.
* Lift up to 50 lbs; lift up to 75 lbs with assistance occasionally.
* Ability to use computer and calculator
* Ability to sit (5%), stand (55%), walk (20%), kneel/squat (10%) and bend (10%) for eight hours.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.