Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
To Connect with a recruiter today text "Apply" to 44844
Belle Tire is hiring qualified Automotive Technicians/Mechanics.
Our average techs make 60-80k and our top tier techs make well into six figures and enjoy a flexible schedule in state of the art facilities!
There is also a retention bonus available of up to a total of $5,000 for ASE certified techs or mechanics with 5-10 years of experience upon completion of first year of service.
The Automotive Technician is committed to providing the highest quality of repairs and service necessary to satisfy the customer. They should be self-motivated, dependable, hard-working and work well in a team environment. They must be certified, knowledgeable and have experience in areas covered by the ASE certification programs (Engine Repair, Transmissions, Drive Train/Axles, Suspension/Steering, Brakes, Electrical, Heating/Air Conditioning and Engine Performance, Light Vehicle/Diesel).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Diagnosis of customer vehicles
* Properly secure vehicle to lift/alignment machine to ensure safe operation
* Interaction between employees and/or customers; explaining diagnosis and needed repairs as required to assist sales staff and/or clarify for customers
* Providing the highest quality repairs to customers' vehicles
* Staying updated on most current technology, requirements and processes regarding automotive service and repair
* Maintains an organized and safe work environment
* The ability to be ready to start work by scheduled time
* Other duties as assigned by supervision
* Clean shop, showroom, restrooms, and waiting room
* Take out trash
* Other duties as assigned by retail store manager or retail assistant manager
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Valid driver's license
* Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers and management
* Ability to read and write English
* Represents one's self and Belle Tire in a professional manner
* Demonstrates a commitment of high quality service to internal and external customers
* A minimum of 2 years of automotive repair experience with emphasis on under-car repairs, braking systems and alignments
* Ability to diagnose and repair drivability issues, A/C systems, and light engine repair is a plus
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
* The ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
* The ability to safely lift of up to 75 pounds to chest level
* Bending, twisting, grabbing, reaching and any other activity normally associated with an Automotive Mechanic position
* ASE Master Certification strongly preferred
Varying work hours, Mon-Sat, some overtime may be required. Workshop environment, with heavy physical requirements: long periods of standing on your feet, lifting up to 75 pounds to chest level, bending, twisting, grabbing, and reaching.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled