Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 101295 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
We are looking for a hardworking individual who will be supporting the strategic development and execution of annual brand marketing plans, new product innovation and portfolio management to achieve short and long term business objectives. Coordinating IMC (Integrated Marketing campaigns, 360 media, consumer, point of sale) briefs, go-to-market planning and execution, assessing critical issues, and recommending strategic and tactical solutions. Supervise and analyze sales volumes, market trends, digital and promotional initiatives, and competitive activity. Ensure consistent and effective brand messaging to the end consumer, and consistent consideration of RE (Retail Environment) - specific needs/tactics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Brand Strategy (25%)
- Support the development and execution of brand marketing plans for specific product categories
- Collaborate with retail marketing to develop the 6Ps for all brand marketing plans
Go-to-Market & Coordinated Marketing Communications (25%)
- Project management of new product innovation, re-launches, updates and promotions
- Coordinate the execution of brand marketing IMC's. Coordinate with Shopper Marketer to ensure all customer RE needs are accounted for in touchpoint planning.
- Collaborate with CDO/sales analytics team to track 6P critical metrics
- Collaborate with Shopper Marketing teams to score card RE specific action plans
- Identify & lead key "test and learns"
Retail & Sales Activation (20%)
- Be part of the development of creative briefs for consumer, shopper, sales and trade materials for new & existing products; Assist in the design & production of promotions and promotional materials, and handover to sales operations for final retail execution across all retail environments
Insights & Analytics (20%)
- Analyze data (sales, competitive, category) and identify key insights that can be turned into measurable marketing plans
- Develop strong business and functional understanding of the category, our products and the competitive set, and develop plans to address issues/opportunities
- Develop & utilize strong consumer & shopper insights of the category, market and condition of focus.
- Understand the pet specialty RE's, and field team needs, to deliver strong promotional and marketing programs.
Commercial Planning and Monitoring (10%)
- Support Long Lead Planning, Budget Review, and Mid-Year Review
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis on brand sales, volume, market share, promotional activities, competitive insights
- Recommend areas for brand improvement and remediation
Note: This is not an extensive list of duties or functions.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of professional experience in brand marketing, retail marketing, trade marketing or management consulting
- Master's of Business Administration (MBA)
- At least 2 years of experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Pharma, or Veterinary professions
ENCOURAGED AREAS OF SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Strong analytical skills and ability to uncover measurable insights in large datasets
- Digital/eComm marketing knowledge (paid search, digital display, social, etc) brand marketing knowledge
- Effective communicator
- Ability to achieve operational results
- Knowledge of Retail Environment strategy
- Influence independently, negotiate effectively and build relationships with cross functional team members
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Handle ambiguity
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.