The production superintendent is responsible for overseeing product manufacturing, finished product quality, and raw material management for the elbows production line, as well as employee training and development. The superintendent is also responsible for communicating and supporting JM corporate goals and facility targets for safety, productivity, and product quality; effectively problem solving and troubleshooting process/personnel issues; and developing corrective actions. The superintendent may also support the facility by assuming the responsibilities of the plant manager in his/her absence.
* Manage product manufacturing, finished product quality, and raw material management for Metal Elbows Operations
* Supervise manufacturing resources to meet production goals and assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement
* Develop and administer material and labor usage controls and metrics
* Plan and schedule work to utilize equipment and maintain maximum productivity levels
* Utilize operating indicators for control of product cost, material usage, machine downtime, expenditure control, and other shift functions
* Ensure production activities are in compliance with company policies/procedures and that manufactured goods meet finished product specifications
* Maintain strict compliance with all financial, legal, regulatory, and environmental requirements within the Operation
* Actively support improvement of safety performance by reducing OSHA incident rate and lost time accidents to 0
* Ensure compliance with and complete reporting for all environmental regulations and best practices within the facility.
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Table:
Bachelor's degree in management, engineering, or relevant field with a minimum of 5 years operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Strong supervisory and leadership skills (Solid)
Proven ability to diagnose/solve process issues (Solid -- Expert)
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (Solid)
Proven ability to work/partner with Plant Leadership team
Demonstrated ability to lead change and implement continuous improvement (Solid)
Working knowledge and understanding of SAP or ERP systems (Solid)
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (Solid)
Ability to work independently and in a team environment (Solid)
Manages a staff of 25 hourly employees, sets direction, and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring, and terminating.
May be required to lift, carry, push, or pull up to and including 25 pounds
Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.