We are looking for a Logistics Supervisor (40 hours per week) in our Horsham, PA location.
Schedule: Mon - Fr, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Weekend Flex
As a Logistics Supervisor, you will assist the department Director in creating a culture of process improvement and empowerment to achieve operational excellence.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals and maintaining schedules.
- Trains, develops staff, assigns work, hires, terminates and writes performance reviews.
- Responsible for coaching and counselling employees and disciplinary actions
- Provides technical guidance
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review.
- A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks to the unit or sub-unit.
- Decisions have direct impact on the unit.
- Ensuring all drivers work schedules are posted correctly in the time report system and that all drivers follow their schedules appropriately. Suggest any changes to the schedules as needed.
- Work with corporate fleet department to collect, analyze and report safety and cost per vehicle statistics.
- Back up couriers in an emergency
- Assists in various projects as assigned by the manager.
- Works with Route Analyst to analyze routes and recommend changes if needed
- Provide direction and proper motivation to lead employees to ensure the daily work is completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain open communication channels with Sales and other departments.
- Other duties as assigned
- HS degree or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2-5 years' experience in the filed with leadership responsibilities
- Valid State driver's license with clean driving record.
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends holidays, on call and overtime.
- Great problem solving and interpersonal skills, which include teamwork, adaptability and dependability
- Leadership, which includes supervision, motivation, decisiveness and work commitment
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Hands on knowledge of mapping software (e.g., Mapquest, Batchgeo)