Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
From transfer of ownership between buyers and sellers to monitoring the firm's books and records as it relates to settlement of trades, a variety of teams work to ensure a seamless end-to-end transaction cycle.
Trade and transaction management teams across the firm embody sharp attention to detail, a risk management and analytical mindset and strong ability to problem-solve.
Divisions and Job Functions
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
Operations is at the core of our firm. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
* Investment Banking Division Operations is responsible for all operational functions for the Investment Banking Division. We support all product flows and provide effective control for the firm's Investment Banking strategy.
* Global Markets Division Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services for the Securities Division. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets.
* Consumer & Investment Management Division Operations is responsible for front-to-back operational support to our Asset Management, Private Wealth Management and Financial Counseling businesses in service, delivery, and processing functions across the trade and client lifecycle. Our Custody Services team is responsible for managing restricted stock transactions and physical security processing.
* Core Inventory Management Operations team supports a global trading desk with locations in New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Each team member is accountable for streamlining processes and demonstrating innovative thinking to over-come challenges. Each individual has daily interactions with traders and with external clients, as well as other internal operational areas including Asset Servicing, Global Control and Trade Settlements. The team has a high focus on risk mitigation and works closely with senior management in development and implementation of new controls.
* At least 1-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
* Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
* Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
* Investment acumen
* Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information