The Maintenance Mechanic I repairs and maintains the assigned machinery and mechanical equipment ensuring at all times that the company safety rules are followed.
- Comply with Boral Safety Policies and Procedures
- Performs preventive maintenance operations on machinery according to schedules
- Installs, rebuilds and repairs a wide variety of machines as directed by the Maintenance Manager/supervisor
- Services and maintains a limited range of building and production equipment following procedures
- Analyzes, detects, and determines the nature of the problem and provides input as to the extent of the repairs required. Troubleshoots to and selects materials needed for the repairs.
- Notifies Maintenance Manager of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective actions taken
- Assembles, replaces or refits parts as warranted
- Tear down and rebuild presses as needed to repair dies
- Assists with building repairs
- Replace and refit parts
- Instructs and provides technical assistance to lower level mechanics as required
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures among the maintenance mechanics at all times
- All other duties as requested or assigned
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility