The Development Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems/devices for passenger cars and trucks.
The Development Engineer will:
- Develop efficient and cost effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools
- Develop power electronic devices DVP&R and define and carry out all required development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals
- Participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis
- Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufacture without defect
- Test finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary