Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Washington, Washington DC
What you will do
Under general direction, responsible for the profitable execution of large design-build Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC). Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, within budget and in accordance with the scope of the contract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling change orders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and processes. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.
Location: Washington DC: Ronald Reagan and International Trade Center Building, New Executive Office Building, and White House Complex
Expected Schedule: Primarily Monday to Friday. Potential for Saturdays and off duty hours at times
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
1. Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
2. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and supports negotiations final settlement price and customer acceptance.
3. Manages costs, billings and collections. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
4. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
5. Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
6. Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
7. Supports Subcontract procurements and scope of work development.
8. Ensures project document controls complies with contract requirements and JCI standards including oversight and use of Procore Construction Management Software.
9. Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
10. Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
11. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends and leads job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
12. Coordinates with the Solutions Project Executive for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
13. Assists Solutions Project Executive and / or Account Executive in project development efforts.
14. Coordinates customer-training requirements.
What we look for
* Ten (10) or more years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
* Able to execute projects of higher project and contract complexity, preferably with projects $50 million in scope or larger. Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines. Demonstrated ability to directly manage mechanical and /or technical project workforce
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
* Proficient in Project Management software (Procore) and financial accounting systems.
* Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment
* US Citizen and Background check by Government HSPD-12 for badging and access is required.
* Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associates Degree
* Management experience with projects related to Mechanical Retrofits, Lighting Retrofits, Building Envelope, Electrical upgrades, and HVAC controls including BAS management systems (DDC controls)
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, utility savings, fire, and security projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)