Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Tarrytown, New York
The Group Lead will assist the Phlebotomy Supervisors in their necessary duties. The Group Lead will ensure integrity and compliance for all BioReference accounts where phlebotomists are employed. To assist the Phlebotomy Supervisors in performing various assigned duties, trouble shooting, training and making work flow recommendations
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Assists with coordinating phlebotomists' schedules through resourceful and creative thinking to accommodate clients' needs as approved by the sales department.
* Communicates effectively to their immediate Supervisors, internal and external clients including patients, sales, client service, logistics, senior management, ECT...
* Understands all fundamental phlebotomy procedures, ability to instruct those fundamentals and ensure that all phlebotomists are capable of following these procedures.
* Responsible for doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
* Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
* Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
* Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
* Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
* Checks all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
* Packages specimens for transport
* Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
* Understands and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
* Attends annual department trainings
* Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
* Assist with Projects as a subject matter expert
* Collect any necessary data as needed.
* Perform In-services as needed.
* Assist with the setup of new locations (IOP/PSC)
* Assist with hands-on training with new employees
* Diffuse situations with customers and clients
* Cover different locations when necessary and varied hours
* Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* HS degree or equivalent
* Some college classes preferred
* Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required in some states
Minimum Requirement for PSC and IOP:
* Must Have a reliable car
* 2+ years of experience
* Valid and clean Driver License
* Flexibility is a must. Based on a business need
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Proficiency with Power Point Office Suite
* Proficiency with Excel Office Suite
* Good verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
* Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by phone
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer