Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Through our global sales team, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis. Our sales colleagues are responsible for new business development, prospecting and helping clients navigate markets to support their investment goals.
Divisions and Job Functions
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
Global Markets Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis.
* Equities teams transact in stocks and other equity-related products, including convertible securities, options, and futures. Their work includes financing, securities lending, and other services for institutional investors.
* Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities teams transact in a variety of assets, including interest rate products (such as government bonds, treasury bills, and other highly liquid instruments), credit products, mortgages, currencies, and commodities
Investment Banking Division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas
* Financing Group Coverage Banking sits within dynamic, market-driven environment, our teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all the business's capital markets departments, and operates on close cooperation with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities and Equities.
* Transaction Banking Team is focused on building a modern and best-in-class digital platform to serve clients' cash management needs. Offerings will include global payments and liquidity solutions, along with data and insights to create efficiency and deliver returns. The Transaction Banking team provides clients with a holistic view of their business to make smarter decisions with their cash.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations.
* Private Wealth Management advisors assist clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services
* Private Bank a business unit of PWM that offers a range of lending and cash management services to high-net worth clients. The business provides customized and tailored liquidity strategies to PWM clients across the globe. The Private Bank also manages the digital lending program, which offers loan products to clients of third-party institutions through an advanced desktop technology platform.
* Market Solutions Group (MSG) offers customized advisory, structuring, and execution services across asset classes to high net worth individuals, family offices and select institutions. With investment specialists actively engaged in public and private markets globally, MSG provides strategic and tactical advice spanning global capital markets including equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and interest rates. MSG offers separately managed accounts including equity derivatives and structured investment strategies for client portfolios. MSG also provides capital markets experience and access to unique investment opportunities to clients
Americas Client Business (ACB), is responsible for building relationships, driving sales and servicing our clients, which include corporate and public pensions, foundations and endowments, insurance companies, corporate treasuries and a variety of financial intermediaries. ACB delivers a broad spectrum of investment solutions, including money markets, fixed income, equities and alternatives. Some of the critical functions that sales-oriented analysts should expect to contribute to are developing new business opportunities, refining distribution strategy and managing existing client relationships. ACB also has teams dedicated to client strategy, advisory solutions and product development initiatives, where quantitative skills are more heavily leveraged.
* Bachelor's degree required
* At least 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
* Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
* Series licensing required for majority of sales roles (must be obtained within three months of employment)
* Sales experience preferred