Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Through a variety of innovative investment solutions, we aim to deliver advice and identify opportunities that shape clients' portfolios and long-term investment goals. Investing activities range from implementing investment ideas to monitoring portfolio positions.
Clients are at the center of what we do and they require a team behind them that has a passion for investing, risk management experience and ability to understand unique clients' needs.
Divisions and Job Functions
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
Merchant Banking Division invests in corporate equity and corporate debt, real estate equity and real estate debt and infrastructure worldwide. We also provide asset management services to investments where the business shares an interest. Consisting of over hundreds of professionals in six offices around the world, our business operates on a global platform.
* Equity Investing team invests in private equity, infrastructure as well as growth stage and technology companies. The group invests across a broad range of industries in the Americas, Europe and Asia seeking to maximize investment value through financial and operational value creation. MBD seeks long-term capital appreciation by committing equity to high quality companies with strong management. We seek to generate superior returns in a variety of situations, including leveraged buy-outs, recapitalizations, growth investments and stressed/distressed investments across a range of industries and geographies.
* Credit Investing associates work as part of small deal teams responsible for identifying, structuring, executing and monitoring corporate debt investments. Associates are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions across the capital structure and in a variety of industries in support of transactions that include leveraged buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations
* Real Estate team supports real estate investing across multiple product types across the US. This includes sourcing, underwriting and due diligence, acquisitions, asset management, construction and development oversight, financings and dispositions for the firm's real estate investments.
* Infrastructure manages three funds that invest globally in infrastructure opportunities in sectors such as energy, telecommunications and transportation. We seek to identify investment opportunities with potential for operational value creation and have developed an active approach to asset management
* Bachelor's degree required
* At least 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
* Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information