Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Location: Emporia, Kansas, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
A Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the support of production lines, equipment, and the facility. Must be able
to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, maintain and repair operating equipment during production and
breakdowns. The Maintenance Technician will work with others to achieve factory business objectives of safety,
productivity, customer service, quality, cost and environmental protection. This position will have primary responsibilities to
include troubleshooting, repairing, and preventative maintenance as required to ensure equipment reliability; assist with
root cause analysis to identify reasons for failures and breakdowns; review electrical and pneumatic schematics during
troubleshooting, repair and project work; and will work closely with the operators to support production and transfer skills to
Operation Technicians. The Maintenance Technician works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with
others in the same production unit as well as other support functions for operations.
* Troubleshoots, repair and conduct preventive maintenance for production and utility equipment as required to ensure
equipment reliability including mechanical failures, electrical issues up to 480V, and PLC issues
* Reviews project instructions, blueprints, electrical, and pneumatic schematics to ascertain test specifications, procedures,
objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of
material or parts, or re-engineering of parts or subassemblies.
* Assists Maintenance Reliability Team Leader and Plant Engineers with root cause analysis to identify reasons for
equipment failures and breakdowns.
* Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and makes recommendations for changes in product
or test method.
* Fabricates machine parts as needed to perform repairs including welding and machining and change to electrical and
power transmission systems.
* Participates in structured group or team activities related to line/area performance improvement e.g. autonomous
maintenance, housekeeping, shop sanitation, problem solving, shift transition meeting, etc.
* Maintains spare parts inventory and restocking of inventory for the plant as needed.
* Understands and is accountable for following: all Quality, GMP, AIB and Micro [C&S Guidelines] standards and
* Completes all regulatory and compliance related documentation and procedures accurately.
* Works with teams and focus resources and assures correct PM's are in SAP including auditing work order completion and
* Works with operators to support production and transfer knowledge skills to operation technicians; trains and assists in
the changeover of automated equipment.
Basic qualifications include:
* High school diploma or GED required
* Either 1+ year of industrial Maintenance experience working in a manufacturing plant or a vocational / technical degree
in an industrial maintenance program (or equivalent) and 3+ years of manufacturing experience,
* Ability to work an off-shift work schedule that includes weekends
* Basic math
* Computer skills
Preferred Qualifications include:
* 1+ years manufacturing experience in food, pet food, or pharmaceuticals
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.