Posted in General Business 20 days ago.
Location: Cuba, New York
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of their assigned area. This individual will ensure that all orders being processed and all material being received is done so according to approved procedures, SOP's, and specifications. This position is responsible for meeting Warehouse schedules, deadlines, and ensuring that all SOP's are adhered to.
• Assure that the labor is distributed evenly throughout assigned areas in order to process customer orders efficiently.
• Oversee assigned area to ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP'S) and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations are adhered to 100%.
• Assure that all material received and shipped meets all quality specifications.
• Maintain high level of communication with management, peers and subordinates.
• Conduct shift start up meetings and weekly updates ensuring timely communication of significant events.
• Assist management in the development and submission of cost savings ideas.
• Submit work orders to ensure a clean, safe and efficient work place.
• Review, with supervision, the plan established for the day and agrees on completion times in order for clerks to schedule trucks accordingly.
• Assist in the scheduling of inbound and outbound freight, to establish the days priorities on docks.
• Ensure that freight being loaded on outbound trailers are loaded in accordance with the DOT and customer shipping requirements.
• Review current inventory levels in the warehouse to prevent unnecessary back orders.
• Assist in the training of new SOP'S and updates.
• Verify accurate counts of finished products and supplies.
• Organize and store finished products.
• Load and unload trucks per bills of lading.
• Put finished products into storage.
• Perform cycle counts.
• Change and maintain batteries/fill out documentation.
• Maintain proper rotation of raw materials/packaging/finished goods per FIFO.
• Productive use of down time.
• Communicate safety issues to manager.
• Operate all warehouse equipment (tow motor/hand jack) in safe manner.
• Perform RF functions using a handheld/scanner.
• Stage customer orders in organized manner on shipping dock.
• Monitor Chep & white pallet inventories, including scrap.
• Perform lift truck resets/inspections following impact alarms (Shockwatch).
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic understanding of shipping and receiving processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read and prepare shipping and receiving records/reports and comprehend production schedules/pick sheets.
• The ability to effectively manage time, coordinate multiple tasks, adjust schedules in order to meet deadlines and goals in a fast paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in the use of a bar code driven (RF) operation.
• Ability to work additional/extended hours when needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
• SAP experience.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Product weight: up to 100 lbs
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
• Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Nearest Major Market: Jamestown