Our Global Business Sales team focuses on selling customized full-scale business solutions in a defined vertical or territory. You’ll generate new sales offering custom solutions designed and built with AT&T's cutting-edge products, services and systems while showing off the benefits of our advanced services, and ultimately closing deals.
The Technical Sales Consultant 3 is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on technical solutions to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of company products, services and solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for consulting with direct sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of highly complex technical products and services.
• Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities.
• Designs solutions and provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure the system is functioning according to specifications.
• Leads the technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
• Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning highly complex system software and applications and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
• Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
• Designs technical solutions involving new and emerging technologies.
• May build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
• Requires extensive knowledge of company products and services.
• Assists less experienced peers.
Required skills and experience
• 8 – 12 years of experience in Telecommunications/Networking
• 7 + Years of Technical Consulting experience
• 7 + years in LAN/WAN/MAN networks including: MPLS, Routing Protocols, TCP/IP, VPNs, VoIP, Applications, Optical Networks, Wireless-Mobility, Security, Video, Hosting
• Knowledge of Unified Communications
• Cisco and Juniper Routing and Switching
• In-depth, working knowledge of client business drivers, applications, and networking industry trends is imperative.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understands competitive products and services, and competitive strategies
• Experience across the AT&T Data and IP service portfolio
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Effectively collaborate with internal and external cross-functional organizations and customers
• Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member
• Excellent customer communications, interaction and presentation skills
• Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record
• Current auto insurance
• Reliable vehicle per transportation needs of market
• 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position within the same industry
• Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
Bachelor’s degree is not required but a degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field preferred
Possess Industry Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, or CISSP
Changing the speed of business comes with many rewards – starting with your paycheck. We offer a competitive base pay plus commission with the ability to earn additional compensation based on meeting or exceeding sales quotas. Our most successful Sales Executives can overachieve up to 300%. And with paid-training, career tools and resources you’ll hit the ground running.
Once you’re a part of the team, you’ll gain some amazing perks and benefits including paid time off on top of paid holidays, medical/dental coverage, a 401(k) plan and tuition reimbursement. We also offer employee discounts on:
• AT&T Wireless plans & features, including IOT and connected devices
• AT&T internet & fiber
• AT&T phone
Ready to close the deal on a career with AT&T? Apply today.