Posted in General Business 25 days ago.
Location: New York, New York
About Data Analytics at JPMorgan CIB
Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company's unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. We strive to be leaders in technological innovation by deploying cutting-edge AI techniques and driving the first adoption of strategic platforms such as OmniAI and cloud. At the same time, culture matters to us and we have worked hard to foster a community amongst all AI and ML practitioners firm-wide to promote sharing, collaboration, learning and, most importantly, fun.
In this role, you will be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance the state-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating business intelligence to predictive models and automated decision making.
The role will be in the firm's Applied AI and Machine Learning organization and will involve working closely with Global Research.
The Global Research business is committed to delivering the most relevant and timely financial analysis content to the firm's clients. The Global Research Data Science and Machine Learning team is looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial candidate to build personalization models for Global Research content.
About Global Research
The firm's Research team provides clients with informed views and actionable ideas on economic indicators, markets, companies and asset classes around the world. Its top ranked research analysts, strategists and economists are located in 27 countries in developed and emerging economies. CIB Research strives to be a leader in articulating its unique and independent perspectives in the regions where we want to do business.
Clients of the CIB, Asset Management, and other lines of business value the expertise of Research in helping them achieve their objectives. They recognize its commitment with top-tier rankings in surveys conducted by Institutional Investor, Greenwich Associates, Orion and many others.
• Collaborate with Research product managers, technologists and content creators (Research analysts) to formulate relevant business questions that can be answered by data analysis.
• Work with Research product managers and technologists on longer term projects to implement intelligent distribution systems in the Research platform.
• Design, code up and own production-ready statistical and machine learning models to meet business goals, consistent with best practices.
• Communicate results with senior stakeholders and document approaches and techniques used.
• Collaborate with other JP Morgan machine learning teams.
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
• Minimum 4 years experience in a data analytics type role
• MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science. If BS only, 5-6 years of hands-on experience developing machine learning models
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing machine learning models
• Must have hands-on experience analyzing data in a professional setting
• Intermediate knowledge of statistical software packages, including SAS, Python and R
• Adept at navigating relational databases
• Practical knowledge of advanced statistical techniques, predictive modeling, time series forecasting, text mining
• Comfortable explaining and converting complex concepts into digestible information to be consumed by audiences of varying levels of expertise
• Intermediate knowledge of Machine Learning
• Preference towards candidates who have worked on personalization or recommendation systems before
• Experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas ,statsmodels)
• Ideally some experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, or similar
• Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholdersJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans