Posted in Management 27 days ago.
Location: Havertown, Pennsylvania
About the Greater Philadelphia YMCA
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our principle of Connecting People to Healthier Lives. That connection with members and to each other is seen and felt across every department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest YMCAs in the country, serving over 240,000 members and participants in 6 counties with 4,700 employees, we have the size and scope to make real and positive change in the communities we serve.
The Team Leader position is a high-profile leadership position that is responsible for helping the Senior Team Leader with the overall direction, coordination, operation, and success of the Department. The Team Leader will ensure the Department meets or exceeds financial goals, while providing remarkable leadership in areas of member experience, team member experience, new membership growth, in-Branch business performance, and member participation.
The Team Leader will provide daily support to a team of 50+ team members and offer ongoing leadership, motivation, and development. They are responsible for casting, coaching, communication, alignment, and holding Department Team Members accountable to collective Greater Philadelphia YMCA expectations. The Team Leader will also act as a Branch ambassador to provide each member a great experience.
Under extraordinary circumstances all leaders will be asked to flex into areas they might not normally work in as well as contribute a greater degree of direct service in addition to their typical leadership responsibilities. These circumstances vary but may include but not be limited to those that result in the need for reduced hours while the amount of service being provided may still remain the same.
LEADERSHIP EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL TEAM LEADERS
· Understand overall branch goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department goals, membership goals and member engagement
· Champion a culture where teams love to work, and members love to visit; recognize member-centered behaviors and reward outstanding performance
· Meet or Exceed revenue and program enrollment goals
· Lead the culture of adherence to COVID-19 specific SOPs related to member and staff safety
· Collaborate with leaders to build teams that are committed to continuous learning through ongoing observations and reinforcement of member-centric and enrollment growth behaviors
· Support the leadership team's capabilities in developing their teams based on career aspirations, individual skills and experiences and provide growth opportunities to retain talent
· Support the development of leaders and help your peers be champions of a member-centric culture
· Lead an open-door culture where team members feel heard and issues are quickly resolved
· Effectively plan and manage team operational and cyclical programs to maximize team member engagement and minimize business disruption
· Creates and sustains an environment that values all people for their unique talents. Takes an active role in promoting and leveraging practices that support diversity, inclusion, global engagement and cultural competence.
· Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations
· Provide service and a member experience that meets the needs of the member
· Lead team onboarding and learning.
· Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
· Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
· Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance; lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way
· Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
· All other duties based on business needs
· Embody personally through modelling and Coach, Train, Develop, Lead and hire staff that deliver a world class Member Experience
· Own membership growth and all aspects that support success (process, quality, strategy, relationships, training)
· Create and sustain a culture of Membership Satisfaction Obsession reflected in all staff delivering on current and evolving Member needs and expectations (includes non-membership staff)
· Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, develop and track certifications of staff and volunteers
· Oversee the day to day operations of member service department
· Execute and deliver on your annual budget. Maintain your expenses within this budget.
· Ensure that daily care of prospective members is first priority through leadership of Welcome Center staff
· Develop, meet and exceed monthly and annual membership sales and retention
· Coach, train and ensure staff delivers consistent excellence in sales presentations, closing techniques, impeccable telephone and in-person service, and member engagement
· Assist in the execution of systems that ensure consistent prospect and new member tracking and follow-up procedures.
· Execute sales techniques to ensure the YMCA is reaching and meeting the needs of our diverse community.
· Develop and implement systems to ensure timely follow-up of all prospects and potential membership sales
· Collaborate with Branch Team Leaders to ensure the seamless transition from prospect to fully engaged member
· Lead and develop team to provide outstanding customer service and quickly and efficiently respond to member questions, comments, and concerns
· Ensure team members greet and service members in a friendly and professional manner
· Assist with supervising and assessing team members by providing constructive feedback and helping them develop excellent member service and promotional skills
· Assist the Senior Team Leader in maintaining daily and monthly department budget
· Balance cash drawer, reconcile membership accounts, and make necessary corrections and voids
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All Greater Philadelphia YMCA staff are responsible for the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibility Addition for All Staff:
In order to ensure the health and wellness of the employees, members, and visitors of the GPY YMCA and all locations where GPY YMCA operates business, in addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed on your current job description, the following are additional duties and responsibilities that may be assigned at any time where appropriate during the COVID-19 pandemic or any pandemic/communicable disease where the duties are appropriate. These additions are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned and required as needed:
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information and to convey detailed, spoken instructions to staff, members, children, and volunteers accurately, quickly, and loudly. Ability to perceive the nature of sounds by ear; ability to lift and carry 50-75 pounds; ability to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling. Ability to move about on foot quickly; ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where they actually are and clearly see at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more.
Exposure to high levels of noise and various environmental conditions.
Acquire and maintain the following certifications:
At the YMCA we value CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY in personal character and behavior and believe that they are essential to attaining our mission
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO HEALTHIER LIVES