The estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability and growth.
An electrical construction background is essential to being successful within this position.
* Preparation of complete cost estimates (labor and material) for electrical commercial and industrial projects
* Close coordination with Project Management
* Preparation of bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
* Additional duties as determined by Chief Estimator
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* 7 yrs or more of experience estimating new construction, maintenance and retrofit projects within electrical commercial and industrial projects
* Candidate must be knowledgeable of the N.E.C and local codes
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to the electrical work
* Knowledgeable with a wide variety of electrical materials and methods of installation
* Computer literate and proficient with software such as Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel. Estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent preferred.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction or related field desirable but not essential
* Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Team player and able to work with various partners from start to finish
* Self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
Excellent benefits including:
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Life insurance
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.