Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
It's an exciting time to be part of the Nutrition & Biosciences family at IFF (formerly DuPont). We currently have an opening with our operations team located in Madison WI! Starting pay- $18-22/hr !
NATURE OF WORK
To mix, blend, formulate, and package batches of raw ingredients and materials into finished antiox-idant products. To combine materials according to formulas, procedures, and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ensure adherence to all quality systems including, but not limited to, ISO 9001, ISOFSSC 22000, DS cGMP certify, and Food Safety with an understanding of IFF's Quality Policy and procedures.
* Comply with all Company policies including, but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Envi-ronmental, GMP's, HAACP, and Attendance.
* Follow standard operating procedures (SOP's) and Work Instructions to make the necessary ad-justments in the production process, such as adjusting control instruments, moving products and raw materials, and adding raw materials.
* Recognize atypical/incorrect conditions in the production area and contact the appropriate au-thority. Correct conditions outside standard operating procedures/normal operational parame-ters if necessary.
* Use and dispense chemicals in a safe and appropriate manner, according to labeling and infor-mation systems, such as HMIS, MSDS and NFPA.
* Monitor and check inventory of production materials and supplies as necessary.
* Monitor and calibrate machinery and equipment to assure it is operating properly and make mi-nor mechanical adjustments when necessary. If necessary, perform routine preventative maintenance and contact the proper authority for major adjustments or repair.
* Maintain accurate written or computer records or logs of all production process-es/equipment/maintenance/ and routine cleaning.
* Prepare materials for blending. This requires weighing and mixing raw materials in accordance with batch ticket specification, filling equipment with appropriate materials, and moving raw materials, equipment, and final products throughout the plant.
* Check and maintain Sanitation Logs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Should have a high school education or equivalent, a successful work history, the ability to work as a team player, and proven mechanical ability.
* Should have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job in a safe and efficient man-ner.
* Must be able to wear proper PPE that may be required.
* Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using percentages and decimals to utilize the Metric/English system for measurement.
* Must have the ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written procedures and instruc-tions.
* Must have the ability to be trained to use a computer to be able to retrieve and enter data on a database, and to use internet navigation for safety training and email correspondence.
Work is performed in temperatures ranging from negative 70 degrees (-70) to ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. Conditions may be humid, wet, slippery, and dusty.
The work requires that employees be able to maintain a high level of personal hygiene, cleanliness, and safety.
Operator must use personal protective equipment as determined by the environmental hygiene as-sessment survey.
Work environments may involve safe handling of potentially hazardous chemicals. The work re-quires that employees wear personal safety protection equipment.
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor and has no direct supervisory responsi-bility.
The incumbent must work independently relying on oral and written instructions.
Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time, including the ability to require cross-training for flexibility between departments and shifts.
Nearest Major Market: Madison