We are looking for a Phlebotomy Supervisor (40 hours per week) in our Chesterfield, MO location.
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8 to 430 Flexible Weekends a must
The Phlebotomy Supervisor evaluates, trains and schedules the day to day staffing of phlebotomist. Coordinate duties and assist with the interpretation and clarification of miscellaneous test.
- Ability to coordinate phlebotomist's schedules through resourceful and creative thinking to accommodate clients' needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients including patients, sales, client service, logistics, senior management, etc.
- Ability to understand all fundamental phlebotomy procedures and ensure that all phlebotomists are capable of following these procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and schedule the day to day staffing and emergency coverage
- Coordinate duties of phlebotomist. Assist with the interpretation of or clarification of miscellaneous test.
- Act as a main consultant when answering questions about unusual tests for customers
- Act as a liaison for troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct employees' orientation and training for phlebotomist.
- Ensures appropriate equipment and supply usage
- Assists in training of new employees
- Follow regulatory requirements, OSHA, and all departmental and company policies and procedures, including infection control and biohazard waste disposal.
- Follow all compliance procedures and policies.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of BioReference Laboratories, Inc. by performing nontechnical, educational and administrative duties.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive customer service principles to clients at all times
- Review applications for new hires and recommend termination.
- Inform manager of any issues.
- Review employees' performance 6 times per year.
- Complete timesheets and justify all overtime hours.
- Perform other duties and job assignments as requested.
- High School Diploma, Degree a Plus
- 5+ years supervisory experience-managing 20+ employees during different shifts
- Experience with Cancer patients
- Proficient Computer skills
- Phlebotomy Certified
- Basic technical knowledge a plus
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer