Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
This position is located in Manchester, NH.
Under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist performs routine and specialized technical and clerical duties for drug distribution to patients. This individual has excellent customer service skills and is able to function independently within their scope of responsibility. The incumbent is able to demonstrate leadership skills on a day to day basis. This job builds on the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician Certified III.
1. Answers Phones.
2. Prepares prescription and non-prescription medication and/or devices.
3. Stocks and replenishes stock locations and automated dispensing machines (ADMs) and/or robots (example: shelves, carousels, Parata).
4. Serves as a preceptor and assists with orienting and training of pharmacy department staff.
5. Communicates supply issues, problems or discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
6. Assists with workflow management in the pharmacy.
7. Performs audits.
8. Administers and distribute all new-hire training and departmental specific competencies required by department and accrediting agencies.
Inpatient and Infusion Only:
9. Prepares intravenous admixtures or other sterile drug products (including antineoplastic, investigational and hazardous medications) in accordance with USP chapters <797> and <800> under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
10. Prepares or compounds non-sterile drug products (including antineoplastic, investigational and hazardous medications) in accordance with USP chapters <795> and <800> under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
11. Utilizes closed system transfer devices to limit potential exposure of the environment to hazardous medications.
12. Follows investigational protocols in the preparation of study medications, maintains records of preparation, stability, and dispenses as required.
13. Maintains the hardware and software of the department's multiple computer systems.
14. Electronically processes prescription orders and prepares prescriptions for verification by a pharmacist. Processes third party claims.
15. Performs in the call center and handles mail orders.
16. Purchases and controls inventory for the Ambulatory pharmacies with primary focus on Over the Counter (OTC) inventory. Responsible for annual inventory as well as daily deposits and provides back-up for pharmacy account receivables.
17. Monitors and reviews quality improvement metrics across all Ambulatory departments including Medicare Five Star ratings when applicable.
18. Provides medication preparation, benefits investigation, distribution and customer service to patients using the Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Pharmacy.
19. Coordinates administrative and supervisory duties of the department to include but not be limited to scheduling, payroll, and duty assignment.
Supply Chain Only:
20. Purchases pharmaceuticals in quantities sufficient to meet patient needs and reorders based on Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B Program) criteria.
21. Purchases and controls inventory for the Inpatient Pharmacy. Coordinates annual inventory and assists with the management of drug shortages.
22. Maintains and audits 340B eligible transactions and 340B eligible product accumulations for accuracy of data. Keeps records of audit activity and database changes of 340B products for compliance and audits.
23. Purchases and controls inventory for the clinic practices.
24. Responsible for quarterly inventory at Central Supply Pharmacy.
25. Processes pharmacy invoices and manage interdepartmental billing.
26. Monitors and maintains processes and documentation for controlled substance compliance including ARCOS requirements.
27. Maintain drug accountability records and protocols for investigational studies.
28. Provides education to support the preparation of antineoplastic, investigational and hazardous medications in accordance with USP <797> and <800> standards.
29. Performs other duties as required or assigned.