Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
Evaluates, assesses, and plans nutrition care to meet patient nutritional needs by applying current principles of normal and therapeutic nutrition with the physician’s written order.
1. Assesses patient nutritional status using documented medical information and established nutritional standards.
2. Counsels patients and/or families through the identification of nutrition-related problems, developing plans for instruction and nutritional care, and monitoring results.
3. Identifies inpatients at nutritional risk and documents recommendations in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
4. Participates in weekly physicians’ rounds, discharge planning rounds, and conferences with nutritional implications.
5. Participates in the development of departmental policies, procedures, nutritional standards, patient educational material, and QI projects. Explores improving nutritional interventions for efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Participates in meetings, presentations, and on committees as assigned. Attends workshops, seminars, and various meetings to maintain professional status.
7. Conducts educational programs for patients, community groups, and staff as assigned.
8. May be authorized to sign parental nutrition orders.
9. Inpatient assignments include responsibility for the daily functioning and overall success of the clinical team, as either a team member or team leader.
10. Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) may counsel patients on overall diabetes management as outlines by Diabetes Centers of New Hampshire (DCNH).
11. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü B.S. in Home Economics or Nutrition and 1 year of approved dietary internship or Master’s degree with 6 months internship.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
ü Licensed and Registered Dietitian or eligible for registry and license.
ü Must be registered and licensed within three months of employment.