It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Fantastic full time opportunity at St. Mary's Hospital. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and posses the ability to multi task.
Responsible for determining the patient financial component for patient services. Estimates, communicates and collects the patient financial responsibility and provides patient financial counseling.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists patients in understanding their insurance benefits including their co-payment, deductible and co-insurance responsibility.
- Educates patient regarding financial assistance programs when appropriate.
- Obtains patient demographic information and requests financial responsibility from the patient.
- Determines patient qualification for coverage by third-party payer and informs financial counselor, patient or family member of status.
- Verifies all commercial insurance coverage, workers compensation insurance, TPL insurance and state and government programs.
- Documents and resolves patient concerns or inquiries that are received via telephone, mail or walk-in within an established time frame.
- Validates Master Patient Index according to departmental policy.
- Interprets physician orders.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and participates in improvement plans.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
80980033 PAS - St. Mary's Health Center
Day Shift (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here