Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Location: Corning, New York
THIS IS PER DIEM -- NOT FULL/PART TIME
Quest Diagnostics is a leading provider of worksite wellness screening and health improvement programs. During a biometric wellness screening, a trained Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness provider will collect a number of measurements, including height, weight, blood pressure, waist and/or hip circumference, as well as a finger stick for glucose and cholesterol levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, blood pressure, height/weight and other health screening services based on service package
• Provide basic health coaching based off of individual's screening results
• Perform basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings
• Maintain accurate, complete, and legible records
• Participate in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary
• Comply with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents
• Understand and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices
• Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events
• Performs other related duties as necessary
• Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification
• Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state or regulatory requirements
Required Work Experience:
• At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional health care setting
• Completion of a fingerstick within the last 1-2 years
• Proficient with finger stick blood collection methods and manual blood pressure
• CardioChek Plus experience preferred
• Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary
Work and Physical Conditions/Requirements:
• Worksite wellness screenings typically take place in a corporate/conference room type setting
• Travel is required to screening event locations (not provided)
• Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects up to 40 pounds.
• Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
• Examining/observing details
• Access to computer, voicemail, email, internet connect, and Internet Explorer browser