Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey
Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing,information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. Theseare often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and requiresensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providingclarity and hope.
As a Data Manager, you will work for the worldleader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity tocollaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technicalknowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing anddeveloping.
The Data Manager is a critical position affording an opportunity for a seasoned professional to deliver substantial value to Quest Diagnostics by connecting business and technical processes while enabling advanced decision-making.
The primary responsibility of this position is to define and coordinate the management of enterprise-level data standards and Data Governance processes across all business units for the data domain(s). The successful candidate will play a key role in executing Quest Diagnostics' Data Governance strategy and supporting our business partners to execute their strategies and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage internal working groups and data domain committee(s) to support the management of the data domain(s) and Enterprise Data Governance.
- Work closely with Sponsors to stay aligned on priorities, projects, updates, and overall status.
- Take accountability for enterprise-level data standards and Data Governance processes (define systems of record, standards, data quality, business requirements, trust/survivorship and cleansing rules, naming conventions, access policies, etc.).
- Define, implement, enforce, and monitor processes governing domain and enterprise-wide data.
- Indirect management of Data Quality Analyst staff, both onshore and offshore. Provide training, input to direct managers for performance reviews, assign and review work.
- Provide domain data SME (Subject Matter Expert) input to various project teams as it relates to data management and governance. Interact regularly with other business and technical SMEs, providing input to project and program teams.
- Escalate risk associated with non-compliance to standards with clear options for resolution.
- Ensure visibility into what Data Governance-related reports and tools are available and communicate quality metrics to key stakeholders.
- Develop, distribute, and maintain Data Governance documentation.
- Support and promote process and technology training and adoption of best practices and standards enterprise-wide.
- Maintain a roadmap for enterprise level data management based on business objectives, existing capabilities, cultural considerations and industry and technical trends.
- Drive acceptance of enterprise data standards and policies within the various organizations.
- Support the design and implementation of an enterprise Data Governance framework.
- Provide leadership in communications, training, and awareness around enterprise data management.
- Indirect management of work products of the Data Quality Analyst staff, both onshore and offshore.
- Indirect management of enterprise data domain committee(s) that consists of domain subject matter experts from business and technical.
- Direct or Indirect management of Operational Data Stewards
• Bachelor's degree
• Previous data management experience in a healthcare institution is highly preferred.
• Experience with data management fundamentals, including metadata, data quality, data analysis and data governance
• Understanding of Data Governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets throughout the data lifecycle
• Understanding of the related functions such as: risk management, data architecture and technology solutions
• Proven ability to work with technical and non-technical business teams
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Self-starter: strong sense of ownership and ability to create and execute plans without daily oversight
• Highly organized; able to effectively prioritize and balance multiple efforts in a fast-paced environment
• Analytical skills and observe/examine details
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to follow verbal or written instructions
• Handling stress & emotions
• Concentrating on tasks
• Making decisions
• Adjusting to change
• Sitting for long periods at a time
Technical Training or Professional Licensing
• Information Technology (Databases, Programming, SDLC, Architecture)
• Strong SQL experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (V Lookups, Pivot tables)
Strategic Agility Managing Vision and Purpose
Organizational Agility Political Savvy
Program Execution Decision Quality
Drive for Results Presentation Skills
Comfort around Senior Management Organizing
Managing Through Systems Negotiating
Join us forcompetitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive andsupportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of ourpatients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Questcareer. Seek it out.
Allrequirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodateindividuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal OpportunityEmployer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation /Gender Identity or Citizenship.