Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Cross-Reference Analyst- St. Louis, MO or Chantilly, VA
Lookfor morethan answers.Patients andPhysiciansrely on our diagnostic testing, information and services tohelp themmakebetter healthcare decisions. These are often seriousdecisions withfarreaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and aclear dedicationtoservice. It's about providing clarity and hope.
You will work forthe world leader inthe industry, with a careerwhere you can expand your skillsand knowledge. You'll have a role where you canact with professionalism,you can inspire colleagues, and you can care aboutthe work we do andthe people weserve.
At Quest, weareon a continuousjourney of discovery and development. It's this attitudethathas made us anindustry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. Forthosejoining us, weoffer exciting and fast moving career opportunities whereyoucan affect changeat a rate unheard of in many organizations of our sizeandscope. While weinvest in and develop technology to drive our innovations,ourongoing successrelies on our people.
• The general purpose of this position is to cross-reference laboratory services available in the marketplace to services available from Quest Diagnostics to enable the bidding process.
• The individual is responsible for cross-referencing services to Quest Diagnostics service codes from various sources including information provided from clients, vendor websites and internal service compendiums.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Provide cross-reference analysis support to the sales function:
a) Support the Pricing Operations bidding process for Commercial channels including Group Purchasing Organization, Health System, Hospital, Commercial Reference Laboratory, Nationwide, Joint Venture directly with cross-reference analyses with an emphasis on identifying exact and closest available match recommendations.
b) Liaise with Clinical Franchise, Commercial, Laboratory Operations, Laboratory Medical Professionals, Commercial and Marketing in identifying match recommendations.
c) Cross-reference analysis source material may include any combination of client provided documentation and service menu data points from Quest Diagnostics Business Units, Joint Ventures and competing vendors.
2) Provide cross-reference analysis support to the enterprise:
a) Support other Corporate, Enterprise-wide, Finance and Clinical Franchise initiatives as needed.
b) Provide cross-reference analytical support for special projects or other assignments at the Pricing Director's request.
c) Create and maintain cross-reference compendiums for competing vendors.
d) Develop, seed and maintain a library of cross-reference matches to support cross-reference dependent initiatives.
Due to the variety of duties and responsibilities and the wide array of individual seeking cross-reference analytical support (often with customer-driven deadlines), required working hours may not always conform to a typical work week.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferred degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences including Biology, Molecular Genetics, Cellular Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, Anatomic Pathology, Chemistry; or Associates Degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or previously qualified as a Technologist.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare industry, laboratory industry, hospital industry, referral testing, specimen
processing, medical technology, medical laboratory aide, hospital or laboratory database management and information system management. Experience must include familiarity with medical testing terminologies.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Proficient in Excel problem solving skills; analytical ability; planning and organization skills (including the ability to manage multiple priorities of multiple customers while exhibiting flexibility and teamwork); exceptional communication skills (needed to discuss technical aspects of cross-reference analyses with individuals from all levels of the enterprise); and the ability to work both as a of a team and independently.