Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Location: Vineland, New Jersey
Hospital Lab Manager - Hematology -$10,000 Sign On Bonus Vineland, NJ req53434 - Monday through Friday
The Hematology Laboratory Managerhas the overall responsibility for the planning, evaluation, and supervision ofall technical and/or operational activities and staff members in the Hematologylaboratory. Responsible for performing duties to operate the lab with thehighest quality, safety and integrity, and in an efficient, economical mannermeeting all CLIA, CAP, DNV and State regulatory requirements.
1. Plans, assigns, and directswork in the Hematology Laboratory across the network.
2. Mentors and supports directreports in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive trainingin supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programsas necessary.
3. Defines, coordinates, and monitorsquality assurance programs as pertains to the Hematology department. Ensuresquality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up todate. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
4. Effectively maintains qualitystaffing by interviewing, training and providing staff development throughperformance evaluation and corrective counseling.
5. Identifies future needs interms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Submits appropriate documentationfor procurement of such.
6. Reviews test performance,drives process and project management, and prepares and submits requiredreports to meet established deadlines.
7. Ensures departmental standardoperating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
8. Manages department costs andresources to adhere to budget.
9. Resolves problems through interaction withclients via phone calls or other means of communication.
10. Provides technical expertiseand consultation to healthcare providers and other contacts.
-Bachelor's degree in medicaltechnology or life sciences required. ASCP certification required.
-Master's degree preferred
-8 years laboratory experience,preferably 4 years in the Hematology department
-4 years of direct supervisoryexperience in the clinical laboratory