Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Location: San Juan Capistrano, California
Medical Advisor - Virtual
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of around $9.44 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired statusin the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Medical Advisor Team is responsible for the handling of all Medical and Technical client inquiries/consults across all labs at Quest. The team handling responses will include dedicated Medical Advisors.
Quality laboratory service is not just about providing accurate, useful and timely information to the requesting physicians and other health care professionals. It must often be provided within the context of the particular patient's circumstances. Medical Advisors have the experience to fully and optimally assist the ordering or referring health care professional.
The Medical Advisor will be a readily accessible medically qualified physician who provides clinical consults to Quest clients regarding interpretation of test results, in order to help the client in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patient care.
Due to the importance of quality patient care, servicing consultation requests of all types is considered imperative and requires the availability and immediacy of Medical Advisors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides consultation to Quest clients regarding the interpretation of test results.
2. Assists Quest clients in ensuring that appropriate tests are ordered to aid in diagnosis, treatment, and appropriate patient care.
3. Provides input to Medical Director regarding reports of test results inclusion of pertinent information required for specific patient interpretation.
4. Recommends improvement of assay or test procedures based upon consult trends.
5. Recommends changes to reports to enable clinicians to easily interpret the results.
6. Regularly consults with peers and maintains knowledge base of offered test menus and clinical significance/relevance.
7. Assists with writing or providing educational materials useful for the interpretation of results which will assist clients in the interpretation and effective use of laboratory test results.
8. Maintains timely contact with pathologists and other physicians and scientists, to be responsive to their needs, and to respond in a timely manner to their requests for consultation concerning test methodology and clinical correlation of Quest Diagnostics testing services.
9. Prepares consult aids and FAQs regarding interpretation of results and appropriate test ordering.
Experience, Education and Licensure
1. Active unrestricted medical licensure
2. Successful completion of the Quest Diagnostics Medical Staff Credentialing process (job offers will be made contingent on acceptable review):
- Verification of Education/Degree
- Verification of State (or applicable) Medical License
- Check of the (United States) National Practitioners' Database and review of claims against the physician (at the discretion of Credentialing Committee).
3. Residency training in Clinical Pathology and/or prior experience in an inpatient and/or outpatient laboratory setting.
4. Board Certification/Eligibility in Clinical Pathology is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Exemplifies professionalism consistent with Quest Diagnostics values, behaviors and principals.
2. Commits to quality patient care through laboratory excellence in keeping with Quest Diagnostics' corporate vision of empowering better health with diagnostic insights.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
5. Strong presentation and communications skills.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Executive and Physician
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.