Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Stafford, New Jersey
Hospital Lab Supervisor - Blood Bank - Stafford Township, New Jersey - 08:00-05:00
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel (Blood Bank Medical Technologists, Phlebotomy and Lab Assistants) on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
1. Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
2. Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
3. Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
4. Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
5. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
6. Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Education: BachelorsDegree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science or Life Sciences required. ASCP certification preferred.
Work Experience: 5+ years of medical technologist experiencein the blood bank. Prior lead or supervisor experience highly preferred.