Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Business Development -PLS Mgr- Collegeville, Pennsylvania - M-F
Lookfor morethan answers.Patients andPhysiciansrely on our diagnostic testing, information and services tohelp themmakebetter healthcare decisions. These are often seriousdecisions withfarreaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and aclear dedicationtoservice. It's about providing clarity and hope.
You will work forthe world leader inthe industry, with a careerwhere you can expand your skillsand knowledge. You'll have a role where you canact with professionalism,you can inspire colleagues, and you can care aboutthe work we do andthe people weserve.
At Quest, weareon a continuousjourney of discovery and development. It's this attitudethathas made us anindustry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. Forthosejoining us, weoffer exciting and fast moving career opportunities whereyoucan affect changeat a rate unheard of in many organizations of our sizeandscope. While weinvest in and develop technology to drive our innovations,ourongoing successrelies on our people.
The Manager, PLS Business Development is responsible for coordinating with IT, Operation and Financial customer key stakeholders in order to secure test volume data from our customers LIS and/or billing system(s) for the purposes or generating on-site invoicing or organizing financial or pricing information provided by the customer into a benchmark analysis, preliminary proposal and PowerPoint presentation or PLS fee schedule to be presented during the BD Meeting with PLS leaders and to the customer as part of the contract process. The Manager, PLS BD will develop or assist in developing strategies and tools to be used in the evaluating of PLS opportunities or used in on-going contract management. The position supports the Executive Director and Sr. Manager (BD) in regards to all PLS opportunities while managing several priorities at the same time. The position requires occasional travel and the ability to understand and manage due diligence items into contract terms for the review of the BD Director and team leaders. Individual will be organized and able to communicate to PLS leaders and customers in an effort to drive opportunities to final proposal. The position is also responsible for periodic review of costs of testing and updating developing /updating templates for costs related to employee salaries, equipment, etc, or related to Billing/Pricing for implementation of PLS clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ability to develop and maintain database that merges Quest and customer data sets for the purposes of using the data to generate monthly on-site invoices and to be used for on-going contract management or manipulate financial information provided by customer and organize into and PLS benchmark and profitability template or possess a proven track record in multi-tasking highly visible pricing proposals and opportunities.
2. Ability to enhance current process or develop new process for on-going test volume reporting based on data extracted from customers LIS and/or billing system or work with customers and PLS Sales Directors to evaluate financial information provided to expedite process to benchmark and/or preliminary proposal or significant experience in supporting internal (Sales, Finance and BD) leadership and external customers in a high pressure and time sensitive environment
Utilize Quest Intranet to web-enable PLS Data (currently in Access) to include establishing parameters for web-enabled product & outline system requirements such as but not limited to: Data Repository (SQL, Access, etc), Intranet domain, User Interface (frontend), Reporting Capabilities
3. Enhance current test volume and revenue reporting database that is used by and provided to PLS team members for the purpose of on-going financial and customer management or point of contact for all new PLS opportunities, including generating benchmark analysis, preliminary proposal and PowerPoint presentations to be presented during BD Meeting with PLS leaders or coordinate PLS Lab Management pricing alignment for assigned and new clients across multiple QDI billing systems when and as needed.
4. Support PLS Executive Director (BD) and PLS General Manager in regards to any and all PLS opportunities regarding data analytics or financial and contract review and assist in development of competitive pricing strategies to enhance PLS bid/RFP opportunities.
5. Ability to work with Legal teams, customer and PLS teams (Sales / Operations) to develop contract terms using information secured from due diligence or build and implement pricing for different types of PLS opportunities (Consolidation, Laboratory Management, Outreach, Referral Testing, Lab Management Lite, etc.), while ensuring reference component of PLS Pricing Proposals can be identified and measured (P&L) as a stand-alone component of the overall offer.
6. Create database for on-going contract reporting requirements including month, quarterly and annual metrics. Establish data management controls and processing database to manage significant data downloads from customer in order to organize the data to be validate and used for monthly invoicing and on-going customer management.
7. Occasional travel to meet with customers and perform on-site due diligence along side PLS Operations team.
8.Develop, implement, and maintain benchmark tools, preliminary pricing and profitability templates or possess a proven knowledge of standard, competitive and strategic pricing methodologies used in the industry.
9. Potential to fill in for Sr. Manager (BD) in event of TOP or absence.
10. Responsible for creating tools (proforma or pricing) to insure compliance (i.e., SOC, internal Quest rules, PLS strategy, etc.) which includes competitive pricing database to used when determining customer fees and other Hospital market indicators. Responsible for creating mapping files to be provided to interface teams to expedite interface build process, and ensure pricing of QDI test codes used for dictionary development have been priced accordingly in the servicing QDI Billing System. Provide follow-up as needed.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Bachelor degree in business required; MBA preferred. Five (5) - eight (8) years of experience in information technology, LIS or billing system programming, pricing, business development, finance, sales/marketing and lab industry or related healthcare field with a focus on pricing strategies, establishing market value, customer satisfaction and driving profitable growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
With strong analytical background, this includes a solid grasp of tools (spreadsheet, statistical method for analyzing data.
Significant experience working with large volumes of data generated from a hospital's billing system or LIS. Strong knowledge, experience and/or programming capabilities related to reference laboratories and/or hospital data bases including billing systems or LIS functionality.
Ability to deal with ambiguity. He/she must create scenarios of alternative outcomes and make reasonable judgments about the implications of pricing decisions based on limited and imperfect information.
Strong interpersonal skills. He/she must possess intellectual integrity and personal trustworthiness to the extent that he/she generates trust among directors from multiple functions.
Organizational Awareness. He/she must gain information for research and analysis from multiple sources within the organization. He/she must know who controls what information and develop communication channels with them.
Excellent persuasive written and oral communication skills.
Strong planning and organization skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple customers.
Ability to interact confidently with all levels of employees including Senior Management.
Ability to work independently and drive projects to conclusion.
Strong PC skills required