Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Seattle, Washington
Rep Imaging Tech I- Seattle, Washington - Tuesday - Saturday
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
The Imaging Technician I is responsible for preparing requisitions for the scanning process.
• Minimal computer skills
• Good organizational skills
• Fine motor skills
• Understanding of requisition types
• Requisition handling and delivery
• Understanding of compliance regulations related to PHI
• Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement
• Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements in the course of carrying out routine position responsibilities
• Willingness to actively contribute to a team based working environment
• Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department with regard to staffing needs on weekends, holidays, on call and overtime
• Tasks and responsibilities must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner
• Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the following manual functions:
- pickup and delivery of requisitions to Imaging and Billing
- preparing requisitions
1. Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the Imaging Assistant I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing and Remote Sites working together and how they impact the quality of service to our internal and external customers.
2. Identifies problems with preparing requisitions including missing labels on attachments, staples, paper clips, rubber bands, tape, ripped pages, adhesives, loose scripts etc. and is able to resolve or forward information to the Group Lead and/or Supervisor in support of timely problem resolution.
3. Meets quality and production standards within 1 month of completing training.
4. Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
5. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines; supports the department's performance in the event of coworker absences.
6. Learns additional functions within Imaging to allow timely progression to the next level.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures, including safety and compliance.
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics' Core Values, safety, compliance and work process policies and procedures.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace standards.
8. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to 50 lbs.; manuver large carts and/or racks with documents.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment.
10. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
11. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
1. High School or equivalent.
2. Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
3. Prefer familiarity with mainframe computer operating system.