GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT: Summarize the nature and level of work performed.
The Radiology Tech Aide works as a fundemental part of the Radiology healthcare team. Works under the direct supervision of a licensed Imaging Technologist, reporting to the area clinical manager. The Radiology Tech Aide is responsible for assisting registered and licensed Imaging Technologists and/or other certified/licensed Radiology staff (i.e. medical assistant, Radiologist, nurse, etc.) as instructed during routine procedures (i.e. such as lifting, transporting, and directing patients in and out of the Radiology suite). Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in which quality patient care is delivered.
Staff will be required to float among radiology departments associated with Brigham Health as needed. These sites are, but not limited to: 75 Francis Street Boston MA., 850 Boylston Street Chestnut Hill Ma, 20 Patriot Place Foxborough, Ma. and 711 West Center Street West Bridgewater, MA
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
Provides quality patient care.
• Assists in the preparation of patients for imaging exams, providing necessary instructions/directions.
• Prepares exam table/room and assists technologist with patient
Prepares and cleans the equipment and scanner room before/after each patient. • Stocks supplies, linen and other items as needed within the department
• Works collaboratively with technologists to ensure efficient work flow and optimal utilization of imaging devices.
• Maintains ethical standards (patient confidentiality, professional conduct, etc.)
• Collaborates effectively with all departmental staff and other hospital personnel.
• Exercises sound independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative under pressure and in a variety of situations.
• Rotates within department, divisions and all off site clinics, by shifts as required and needed; cooperates with all personnel, promoting harmony within department
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
Familiarity with clinical imaging setting.
• Interpersonal skills allowing effective communication with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress.
• Communicates in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
• Knowledge and use of hospital information systems relating to patient information and management.
• Awareness of safety standards, established policies, procedures and clinical practice guidelines related to Radiology operations.
• Ability to effectively prioritize clinical workflows.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
High School Diploma required. Hospital experience in a clinical imaging department preferred. Enrollment in a Medical Assistant program or Radiology Imaging program preferred.
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners: follow safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners; as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.