Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the Supply Support Manager and Team Lead, assess, replenish and maintain unit supply rooms on a daily basis. Functions as a customer service liaison between individual units and Supply Support. This individual is responsible for demonstrating professionalism while providing quality service to our internal customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform basic distribution functions including, but not limited to, unit assessment and replenishment of assigned Nursing Units.
• Stock and maintain unit supply rooms on a daily basis.
• Rotate stock and monitor expiration dates on various med/surg products to ensure usage or remove from inventory department prior to expiration date.
• Identify and resolve any discrepancies, problems or questions related to inventory and distribution process. Report status to Team Lead.
• Focus on customer service issues such as resolving customer inquiries related to Supply Support and maintaining positive working relationships with individual unit staff members.
• Collaborate with Nursing Unit staff members on planning, logistics, and supply continuity.
• Follows hospital, TJC, DPS, OSHA and CMS guidelines and procedures for supply stocking and rotation.
• The material handler may be present in secure medication storage areas and are allowed to handle and distribute medications supplied by the BWH materials management department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma preferred or GED required.
• Basic mathematical and reading skills.
• Must have general customer service and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
• On feet most of 8 hour shift.
• Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.)
• Must be able push/pull 400 lbs. using flat bed (manual); 800 lbs. using pallet jack (manual).
• Some hazards associated with soiled linen, needles.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.