Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Working under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator, Laboratory Manager, and other investigators within the laboratory, and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, manage conducts a variety of routine experiments where methodologies are clearly established. Calculates, transcribes, and analyzes data using basic statistics. May perform literature searches under the direction of the supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under general supervision, maintain laboratory mouse colony and critical documentation. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Performing routine checks of mouse health
b. Managing breeding
c. Submitting tissue for genotyping
d. Performing simple genotyping reactions
e. Accurately recording all information in online mouse management database
2. Assist lab members with experiments using mice, both within the animal care facility and within our research lab.
3. Discuss progress of work regularly with supervisor.
4. Maintain interactions with animal facilities as well as vendors related to the lab's mouse work.
5. All other duties as assigned.
BS in biological/physical science required.
New graduate with relevant course or project work
Previous experience with laboratory mice preferred.
Basic understanding of genetics and inheritance.
• Good organizational skills, detail oriented
• Sound degree of computer literacy.
• Must be able to work with mice.
• Able to methodically record data.
• Ability to perform a variety of routine tests and prioritize work
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.