Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Works independently and under general supervision from Principal Investigator in order to drive research projects. Studies include multiple aspects of recombinant protein expression and analysis; both as purified proteins and within living cells. This requires assembling and generating appropriate expression constructs and cells; developing, validating, and implementing purification and analysis protocols; and data processing and analysis. This work will require independent judgement of suitability of specimens and data sets and some training of new laboratory staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates the implementation and progression of the lab's studies of protein-protein interactions in context of myosin light chain kinase 1 trafficking.
2. Interacts with other lab members investigating questions related to myosin light chain kinase 1 trafficking, protein-protein interactions, or recombinant nucleic acid and protein technologies.
3. Makes independent judgements as to the suitability of specific condition for further analysis.
4. Designs experiments with substantial independence.
5. Performs necessary background investigation in lab records and the scientific literature to allow data interpretation.
6. Organizes and maintains DNA construct repository and database. Responsible for ensuring lab member compliance with policies, data and document validation, and quality control.
7. Recommends changes to research protocols.
8. Assist PI or Research Manager with preparation for presentation, written published articles, and funding applications.
9. Responsible for training and orienting new staff in areas of recombinant nucleic acid and protein technologies.
10. Present data at and participate actively in lab meetings.
11. All other duties as assigned.
BS in biological/physical science required.
Must have at least one year experience in a directly related research setting.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
• Knowledge of research protocols.
• High degree of computer literacy.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects rights and individual needs.
• Knowledge of data management programs.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.