Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Manchester, Tennessee
The Warehouse Worker will organize and store product to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMPs and Safety.
• Verify accurate counts of finished products and supplies.
• Organize and store finished products.
• Load and unload trucks per bills of lading.
• Operate all warehouse equipment (tow motor/hand jack/wrapper/battery hoist) in safe manner.
• Put finished products into storage.
• Change and maintain batteries/fill out documentation.
• Perform cycle counts.
• Maintain proper rotation of raw materials/packaging/finished goods per FIFO.
• Productive use of down time.
• Accurately receive in product (finished goods, raw materials, ingredients).
• Communicate safety issues to manager.
• Perform RF functions using a handheld/scanner.
• Stage customer orders in organized manner on shipping dock.
• Accurately prepare Customer orders within GLC and Customer guidelines/requirements.
• Maintain an organized, safe, and clean working environment.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead/Manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read and prepare shipping and receiving records/reports and comprehend production schedules/pick sheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Basic understanding of shipping and receiving processes and related equipment.
• Lift truck experience.
• Experience in the use of a bar code driven (RF) operation.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Product weight: up to 100 lbs
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
• Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga