Posted in Accounting 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
GreenState Credit Union
Job ID: 2021-2702
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
Creates, collects, analyzes, exercises judgment, and advises members on mortgage loan options. Maintains organization of portfolio and meets necessary and regulatory deadlines. Assists and serves as a backup to the Mortgage Loan Officer & Processing area in all aspects of the mortgage origination process.
Pay Range: $27.43 - $41.15
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
1. Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
2. Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
3. Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
4. Ensures confidentiality of member information.
5. Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
6. Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
7. Explains the mortgage loan application process and products to the membership. Services by phone or in person the need for answers to inquiries pertaining to mortgage rates, mortgage programs, payments, daily rates, points, etc.
8. Conducts mortgage loan application interviews assisting applicants in the completion of application.
9. Gathers all required applicant information and assists Mortgage Loan Assistants when needed.
10. Helps back-office Process loan files when called upon and needed.
11. Fields and returns phone calls and emails for Mortgage Loan Officers.
12. Follows up with referrals, schedules the initial appointment and answers any questions the member may have regarding their loan as well as group sales calls. Schedules the closing appointment with all necessary parties.
13. Orders appraisal and credit report to support the loan application and ensure complete documentation of the loan file. Sends out Loan Disclosures as needed
14. Organizes file in appropriate order as indicated by the checklist and submits application to processing team.
15. Works with Underwriters in meeting their guidelines and obtaining loan approval.
16. Ensures all necessary documentation and regulatory compliance items are in loan files.
17. Promotes GreenState mortgage products and GreenState with their contacts in the community. This includes in person or phone conversations as well as group sales calls. Works with mortgage processing department when necessary to ensure final documentation is received by the investors in a timely manner.
18. Organizes files after loan closing to be sent to processing team to upload to secondary market investor or to the servicing department and ensures that documents are signed and completed correctly.
19. Organizes weekly follow up on loans in process to increase conversion percentage.
20. Prepares web applications for Mortgage Loan Officer to review and schedules the member’s initial appointment with the Mortgage Loan Officer.
21. Serves as back up to Mortgage Loan Officer when they are out of the office either during expected or unexpected absences. This includes but is not limited to taking the initial application for the member, choosing the loan scenario and loan program that best suits the member and the institution, locking the loan with the correct investor, requesting correct documentation, and sending all initial disclosures. Must maintain high level of compliance in all listed job duties.
22. Assists to ensure that the various federal reporting documents are delivered in a timely manner, to include the borrowers 1098, sellers 1099, interest reported to the IRS, and the HMDA report.
23. Assists in any necessary training and development needed within the GreenState Mortgage Loan department.
24. Adheres to all state, federal and credit union regulations, policies, and guidelines.
1. High school diploma or equivalent (i.e.: GED) with a minimum of three years previous related work experience.
2. Knowledge of procedures, forms, secondary market guidelines and regulations as they relate to mortgage lending.
3. Knowledge and procedures of Real Estate purchasing and refinancing Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works additional hours as necessitated by business demand. During periods of peak demand, job will require a non-traditional work week with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
4. Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
5. Interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive way during member contact.
6. Accuracy and attention to detail required.
7. Ability to operate related computer applications.
8. Ability to work with Realtors and other referral sources on initial and follow up conversations regarding the initial application and general mortgage questions.
9. Ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with members and co-workers on a professional level.
10. Must be bondable.
11. Must be a registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.