Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Springfield, Illinois
This is a 2nd shift position.
• The Aircraft Painter prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and treating metal surfaces with chemicals such as alumiprep and alodine. Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process.
• Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers' maintenance manual specifications.
• Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
• Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
• Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
• Applies registration number, external markings, placards, emergency borders, wing walks, etc. within regulations and specifications.
• Familiar with and understands composite and problem areas on a variety of corporate aircraft.
• Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• May perform other duties as required by the department
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years experience.
• Requires knowledge of all types of paints and thinners. Must be qualified to prepare aircraft exteriors, interiors and panels for proper application of paint, as per set standards.
• Is able to minimize rework through proficiency in paint preparation and application.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders frequently.
• Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
• Must be able to see to visually inspect.
• Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
• Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
• Must be able to safely operate lift equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.