Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
The Senior Manager Production Capital Projects is responsible for efficiently managing and maintaining all assets and systems in support of steam, chilled water and electric generation. This includes equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, medium and high pressure boilers, steam turbine generators, gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators and all other associated support equipment. The Production Manger assists the Vice President by providing overall direction, coordination, and implementation of all related activities. The Sr Production Capital Projects Manger ensures that all employees are providing the highest quality of service while ensuring that all systems are in good, safe, working order. Major Accountabilities
1) Provide overall supervision of the maintenance department to ensure continuous delivery of service within the Cleveland Thermal standards.
2) Implement the asset Management Framework, and supervise continuous improvement of applicable processes to improve production efficiencies and drive down costs Utilize maintenance data for reliability improvements of applicable processes.
3) Develop written work scopes for contract work within the plant, issue bids and write-up purchase requisitions.
4) Manage employees' performance and development. Set appropriate performance standards, provide performance evaluations and coaching to ensure that employees meet/exceed expectations. Monitor and resolve on-the-job problems, address employees' concerns and perform disciplinary counselling as required.
• Proactively comply with safety and environmental regulations. Resolve issues as they arise.
• Control all purchasing of materials and services for the department, meet operating budgets and proactively identify cost reduction initiatives.
• Develop and oversee technical and on-the-job training programs.
• Perform the role of "Quality Control Manager" in the plant "R" stamp program. Update the program to include a list of "R" stamp standard procedures.
• Work extended hours and varied shifts including weekend and holiday work. Provide on-call coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Approve invoices for payment, checking for proper quantity received, proper account placement and correct pricing.
• Performs other related duties as required
Education / Experience
• Associates or Bachelor's degree.
• Engineering, Technical; Must have at least 5 years' experience working in district energy (or equivalent outside experience) and possess a good working knowledge of power plant operations.
• Knowledge of steam and chilled water piping principles, pumps, control valves, chiller and boiler operation.
• Organization skills.
• Ability to produce drafting plans.
• Technical writing skills.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Project Management Skills.
• Advanced steam and chilled water generating systems understanding.
• Accounting principles.
• Five or more years of experience in construction trades or industrial maintenance including some experience monitoring contract labor and projects to ensure compliance with contract specifications, building codes and safety regulations. Should have knowledge of the RFP process.
• A valid driver's license, clean driving record and ability to drive a manual transmission is required.
• This position requires working indoors in a plant environment. Exposed to loud noise, hot pipes, high pressure steam and high voltage where electrical shock is a potential hazard. Occasionally encounters extreme cold or hot conditions. Comes in contact with hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to perform physical duties such as occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. unassisted, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time: occasionally climbing, pulling, kneeling, twisting, turning, stooping, reaching, and bending.
• Must wear/use all protective equipment were required including hearing protection, safety glasses, chemical suites and personal protective equipment when handling hazardous materials; must be OSHA compliant.
• Job requires driving own and/or company vehicle on occasion