Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boise, Idaho
BeyondSoft Consulting, Inc.
Job ID: 2021-7352
# of Openings : 1
Beyondsoft Consulting, Inc., is a leading, technical solutions and consulting partner. We combine emerging technologies and proven methodologies to tailor elegant solutions that solve complex challenges and empower our customers to accelerate their business goals. Our services include end-to-end support for cloud, digital, data analytics, multi-language translation, and testing.
We are seeking a Workstation Support Technician to support our client site in Boise, ID. This is a full-time, benefited position working on-site. The responsibility of this position will be the ongoing support of Development Workstations and infrastructure in the Firmware Lab and will work closely with the lead Support Engineer in Server and Network Infrastructure support in the firmware development lab.
• Build and Support Development workstations for Lab Developers (Windows and Linux)
• Hardware support for Lab computers (Workstation and Server)
• Support of Lab Test infrastructure setups and projects
• Responsible for setting up system and parts tracking system for the area
- Hardware experience to build (build is mainly upgrade to common hardware) and configure high end developer workstations
- Experience supporting Windows and Linux operating systems. Developers use a standard configuration model that requires periodic patches and updates.
Infrastructure and Networking:
- Good understanding of Network fundamentals including DHCP, DNS and IP addressing
- As this is a support role you will be interacting with a large number of individuals and requires good communication skills
- Good understanding of Office applications (Excel, Word and Access)
- Position is on site in our current environment and requires a person that is a self-starter.
- There will always be work to do and help with setting priorities but you may be working by yourself for periods of time.
- Industry Certifications for PC Operating System and hardware support
- VMWare experience
Beyondsoft provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and the full employee lifecycle up through and including termination.