Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: newburgh, Indiana
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
This position will be responsible for leading the Health and Safety program in the Carbon Plant at Warrick Operations. The Carbon Plant includes the Green Mill, Ring Furnace, Anode Assembly and electrical and mechanical maintenance group.
Essential Job Duties:
• The Safety Coordinator manages the EHS systems for the assigned area of responsibility. The successful incumbent will play a key leadership role in reducing risk of incident and injury and will drive implementation of Human Performance systems. The Safety Coordinator leads the safety and health training coordination and implementation for hourly and salaried employees, performs internal self assessment activities (ASATs), monitors, tracks, and reports key EHS metrics, and ensures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate regulatory programs. The successful candidate will assist with incident investigations to ensure completeness and accuracy, develop and track corrective actions, act as a change agent for the area, lead multi-disciplinary teams to make process improvements and reduce risk of injury. The individual will use problem solving methodology, work with data analysis tools to identify trends, determine root causes of problem areas, generate potential action plans and monitor progress in significant and critical areas, as well as track continuous improvement.
The Safety Coordinator works closely with location manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, and support staff personnel to develop and deploy a wide-range of comprehensive EHS systems that support Alcoa's commitment of zero non-compliances, eliminating fatality and serious injuries and driving Critcal Risk Management (CRM). They must also be able to assess training effectiveness and employee competence.
• Implementation of Regulatory and Corporate Engineering Standards
• Lead joint department safety committee
• Member of the Plant Safety and Health Steering Committee and Warrick Safety Lead Team
• Coordinate department health/medical surveillance programs
• Conduct floor observation, housekeeping, and compliance audits
Single Point Accountable (SPA) for deploying Forwood in the Carbon Plant