Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Andrews AFB, Maryland
Date Revised: 2/19/2021
Position: Aircraft Mechanic III, Structural Maintenance
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Code: Full-Time Equivalent (FTE)
PKL Services will be performing depot level work by installing or modifying the systems indicated below on the UH-1N aircraft at both Andrews AFB, MD and Fairchild AFB, WA. PKL shall provide services to disassemble, modify, install, reassemble and support rapid prototyping/system installation of engineering change modifications to various models of USAF UH-1N aircraft. Anticipated modifications include:
· ARC-210 Gen VI MUOS SATCOM and New Antenna
o Trial Kit Installations
o Kit Proof Installations
o Production Installations
*** Please note: This position is contingent on contract award to PKL Services. DOD Contract award notification to contractor industry is expected in the near future. Period of Performance is approximately 11 months with planned breaks between trial installs and kit proofing.
The Aircraft Structural Mechanic III will assist in the installation of airframe and avionics changes that require the skills of an airframe/structural mechanic.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Inspects, maintains, repairs, and services aircraft structures and airframe system components.
2. Uses color-coded charts of aircraft piping and lines.
3. Reads schematic diagrams, shop sketches, clue prints and interpret applicable technical data.
4. Use of power tools and precision measuring devices in the maintenance and repair of aircraft.
5. Assist electricians and avionics personnel as directed.
6. Any and all other duties as directed by the Site Lead.
Required educational/skills background:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be authorized to work in the United States (U.S.).
3. Level III - Six (6) years previous experience in aircraft structural repair; equivalent to USAF 7 skill level.
4. Experience performing structural repair utilizing sheet metal, fiberglass, and composite materials.
5. Thorough knowledge of corrosion control and aircraft painting techniques.
6. Knowledge of USAF maintenance publications, technical data, and the ability to document maintenance utilizing Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS) or equivalent.
7. Contractors are required to have a Common Access Card (CAC) and shall be required to pass the equivalent of a trustworthy National Agency Check plus Written Inquiries with Credit Check (NACI).
8. Employee must provide basic hand tools unless squadron or employer previously agreed to provide them.
1. A toolbox containing common hand tools for aircraft structural work is required.
1. Tools shall be marked IAW established contract guidelines.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions, including the UH-1N aircraft cockpit. Normal color/depth perception and no record of emotional instability are required.
Work Environment (ADA):
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
· Office environment
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PKL Services is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer to include EOE/Minorities/ Females/Vet/Disabled.