Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newport News, Virginia
Responsible for assisting other operators in the safe, efficient and quality-conscious unloading and loading of bulk and packaged commodities to or from vessel, railcars, trucks and storage facilities. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor, as well as published policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Successful completion of specific, entry level tasks in warehousing assisting operators in bulk material transfer, bagging and storage activities.
- Participation in safety and environmental training and attendance to daily briefings.
- Observation of company safety and operational procedures and policies. Promptly reporting of any observed unsafe conditions to management.
- Housekeeping of terminal grounds and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Performance of any other type of terminal function as instructed by the supervisor.
- Must report to work and on time as scheduled.
High School diploma or GED is required.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- One year of work experience is required. Experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Previous experience operating industrial rolling equipment (such as a front-end loader or bulldozer) is preferred.
- Through previous work experience, must demonstrate a work history of good workplace attendance and safe and quality conscious work performance.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
Must meet the criteria to obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) as required by USCG/DHS regulations.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
Good oral and written communication skills.
Must take direction from supervision and work cooperatively with others.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to stand, walk, sit, ascend/descend stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, frequently lift up to 50 pounds, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must meet medical criteria as defined by OSHA standards for the use of respirator.
Position is generally assigned a daytime schedule but will be required to work extended hours to include nights and weekends.
Must be available for 24 hour call-in.
Tasks are performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Requires working at heights in excess of 80 feet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.