Accounts Receivable Specialist - Finance
Cozen O'Connor has an immediate opening for an Accounts Receivable Specialist who will be responsible for posting cash receipts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process bank deposits (checks, ACHs, wires and credit card deposits) and correctly apply to client's matters and invoices.
- Research cash receipts for proper allocation through multiple applications/programs;
- Work directly with the client relations team, clients and attorneys to resolve questions about payments;
- Investigate and answer questions from internal management and outside clients;
- Contact clients to identify payments;
- Maintain accounting ledgers and records of funds received as required;
- Other duties and administrative support tasks required;
- Cash reporting and analyzing of client payments if requested;
- Perform weekly cash reconciliation;
- Assist with year-end audits and ad hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
- At least two (2) years of accounting experience preferably in a law firm.
- Understanding of cash processing basics.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), with advanced skills in Excel. and Aderant.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced, team environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Extreme attention to detail, proofreading, and accuracy of work.
- Ability to understand and keep abreast with the firm's policies, procedures and business acumen;
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members. .
Cozen O'Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.