Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
• Build relationships, and utilize networks and local centers of influence to identify and support underserved entrepreneurs.
• Creatively look for ways to cultivate long-term relationships with new and existing CDFIs, Non-Profits, and other community organizations, leveraging internal resources such as JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
• Strong current business network and active involvement in community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce and non-profit boards. Leverage knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts, as well as, creative marketing techniques utilizing Chase resources and materials to develop business network and prospects.
• Provide the best in client advice and service and develop the relationship to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase. Build collaborative relationships with partners across Chase, including Branches, Home Lending, Chase Wealth Management, Merchant Services, and Card, to provide our clients the best solutions for all of their financial needs.
• Deliver an outstanding experience to Chase business clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their businesses. Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management, while leveraging relationships, to identify, recommend, and promote solutions that best serve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio.
• Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
• Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service to develop the business network, and ensure a seamless experience for the business client.
• Discover the personal financial goals and needs of business clients. Partner across lines of business (Chase Wealth Management, Home Lending, Branch Teams) to connect clients with specialists who can help meet their financial needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 5 to 7 years of experience in business banking relationship management role or related business / commercial lending experience
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
• Extensive knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
• Extensive knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
• Strong relationship management skills; demonstrate strong tactical business development and negotiation skills
• Proven experience to establish and develop relationships in emerging territories
• Prefer experience owing / operating a small business
• Strong ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally are critical
• Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches market/industry trends and business outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
• Able to identify opportunities, issues and viable alternatives, while managing risk, when traditional solutions do not apply
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities on a daily basis in pursuit of business priorities
• Strong PC skills; proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be able to work independently and a reasonable amount of travel is requiredChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans