Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brooklyn, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $24 trillion of assets under custody and $400 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Investment Banking ("GIB") and Securities Services are sub-LOBs within the CIB. GIB offers clients a full range of investment banking products and services including advising clients on corporate strategy and structure, capital-raising in equity and debt markets, and loan origination and syndication. Securities Services provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping, and asset servicing, along with fund accounting and administration, agent lending, and related services.
The Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group provides financial advice to support the business strategy and helps to ensure a sound control environment. Within F&BM, the four major areas of responsibility are: Controllers, Business-aligned BMs (Business Managers), Support Staff CFO, and Planning and Analysis.
The Product Controller team is an integral component of the CIB Finance & Business Management (F&BM) function, and is responsible for providing business advisory and accounting support, control oversight and integrity of the financial statements and transaction end-to-end control in support of the business. Responsibilities of this team include, but are not limited to, oversight of financial statement and management reporting, ensuring compliance with accounting policies including new business initiatives and product review, business performance control, business analytics and expense management.
The External / Internal Reporting Team (within the Product Controller function) is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of financial reporting of LOB-specific financial information provided to the central reporting functions responsible for consolidation into firm-wide to both external (e.g. regulatory) and internal stakeholders.
This position provides a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to gain a broad understanding across the Global Investment Banking and Securities Services products and become a valued partner to the various Finance Teams within the F&BM function. There are also opportunities of gaining knowledge on additional CIB non-Markets business such as Wholesale Payments (Treasury Services, Trade Finance and Merchant Services) and Retained Lending. The successful candidate will have strong accounting, communication, and teamwork skills which will be critical to developing strong partnerships across multiple functions and regions. The role is expected to drive global coordination across the regional product controller teams, including:
• Coordinate the preparation of monthly/quarterly regulatory reporting requirements (10Q/10K, Volcker, etc.) through partnership with regional Product Controllers and Central CIB Reporting. Key submissions include loans, RC-T, equity investment, fair value measurement, etc.
• Ensure consistency in analyzing forecast and actual results; investigate discrepancies across regions and provide consolidated commentary on businesses.
• Organize product control participation related to control frameworks, including SOX, Risk & Control Self Assessment and Recovery & Resolution (R&R responsibilities are inclusive of BAU appendices review and annual plans including Sub-LOB and Object of Sale).
• Support the balance sheet, forecasting and planning cycles by working with key finance contacts in Product Control, P&A, Central CIB Reporting and other IB and Corporate Finance groups.
• Think strategically to improve procedures; drive process enhancement projects; partner with CIB Finance to review, test and implement process changes.
• 2 - 3 years experience with accounting / financial services background
• Dynamic team player able to adapt to changing environment and multiple demands
• Self-starter, independent worker, ability to think outside of the box
• Proactive and willing to accept responsibility
• Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills: able to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Excellent technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including extensive experience using Excel and PowerPoint
• Controls focused and strong attention to detail is key
• Knowledge of Business Objects (CDGL, GXM, etc.), SAP and FDW
Accounting qualification preferred but not essentialJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans