Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, Delaware
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a financial holding company incorporated under Delaware law in 1968, is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the United States of America ("U.S."), with operations worldwide; JPMorgan Chase had $2.6 trillion in assets and $256.6 billion in stockholders' equity as of December 31, 2018. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. Under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands, the Firm serves millions of customers in the U.S. and globally many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
Firmwide Risk Management is overseen and managed on an enterprise-wide basis. The Firm's risk management governance and oversite framework involves understanding drivers of risks, types of risks, and impacts of risks.
The Wholesale Risk Chief Data Office (CDO) is aligned with the Risk Management organization and the Firmwide Data Management organization to improve the quality, integrity, and reliability of Wholesale Risk's critical data through the design, implementation, and ownership of a comprehensive data management strategy in line with the firmwide policy and standards. The Wholesale Risk CDO specifically covers Wholesale Credit, Market, Country, Principal and Model Risk.
As a Wholesale Risk CDO Associate the ideal candidate will contribute to the delivery of strategic initiatives across both the Risk CDO organization and Firmwide Data Management. Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Data Management effort, in partnership with technology, through data-centric analysis of Wholesale Risk applications and related data flows
• Engaging with subject matter experts to define strategic data sets and designate authority in Wholesale Risk applications.
• Finance related Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in Business analysis / Data management / Project management/ Market Risk or Wholesale Credit Risk management or middle office
• Strong data analysis and interpretation skills; analyzing data with respect to corresponding business and technology processes; software/application development experience a plus
Communication / Influence
• Excellent ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge, and confidently speak about these processes
• A developed leadership presence capable of effective messaging of complex systems and processes to junior team members and upper management alike
• Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
• Experience with Risk technology tools and applications
• Understanding of data modeling standards
• Overall strong desktop skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications
• Understanding of concepts and hands-on experience working with relational databases, SQL, and Business Intelligence tools; experience with tools such as Qlikview, Alteryx helpfulJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans