Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bullhead City, Arizona
We are looking for a reliable cook to join our organization that has strong leadership skills. You will be responsible for the preparation, presentation, delivery, service and cleanup of nutritious and healthy food to the members of our residential facility. The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the facility menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff and ensure full compliance with nutritional standards, internal procedures and government regulations while preparing foods for residents in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred. An understanding of quality customer service is important. Working in our facility requires compassion and strong teamwork skills are a must. We offer unique benefits as well as traditional benefits, a fun and collaborative working environment that is focused on resident care.
Cook Duties and Responsibilities
· Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
· Cleans, maintains, and services required equipment, appliances and tools used during performance of job duties while maintaining a safe, clean working environment.
· Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
· Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
· Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
· Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
· Determines proper amounts of food and baked goods to prepare based on menus and meal headcounts.
· Dressing order for presentation
· Ensuring each resident order has the correct food and sides in accordance with their meal cards
· Delivering food order to dietary service workers in a timely manner
· Storing all food properly
· Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
· Reordering stock and food supplies
· Monitoring other team members
· Assisting other team members in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
Cook Requirements and Qualifications
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
· Able to quickly memorize complex meals or multiple orders
· High school degree or equivalent
· Obtain and maintain a food handler's certification
· Obtain and maintain CPR certification
· Obtain and maintain a DPS fingerprint clearance card
· Previous experience as a cook, in a long-term care dietary environment or relevant work experience preferred
· Able to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
· Able to bend, move, and lift up to 25 pounds on a daily routine basis and occasionally up to 50 pounds or more
· Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
· Able to read and write
· Friendly polite and courteous demeanor
· Able to take directions
· Excellent communication skills