Posted in Health Care 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Currently paying additional $4.00/hour for "Hero Pay"!
Woodhaven in Livonia welcomes direct care givers, offering fully paid hospitalization, fully funded 401(k) pension and incentive pay!
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR FULL-TIME, PART-TIME, and ON-CALL POSITIONS
We welcome CNA’s & will train Non-Certified Caregivers:
Woodhaven Retirement Community offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Services. We are a stand-alone, not for profit and faith based community. Learn more about us by visiting our website: http://www.woodhaven-retirement.com/.
Our mission is to provide high quality senior living, daily and therapeutic services in the spirit of Christ. We are building a team of compassionate caregivers and looking for dedicated employees.
Among just a few of the benefits the employees have enjoyed for 3 decades & counting:
· Merit based raises provided each year for the past 30 years
· Attendance bonus with eligibility determined every two weeks
· FREE meal with every shift worked
· FREE Livonia Recreation Center passes available for you and your family
· Employer funded 401k retirement plan
· Tuition reimbursement
· Internal promotion opportunities
· Faith based leadership
Full-time, part-time, and on-call Caregivers for Assisted and Enhanced Assisted Living centers primary responsibilities:
· Assists with and/or administers resident personal care – toilets, bathes, shampoos hair, combs hair, nail care, oral care, dresses, feeds as necessary, etc
· Assists in dining room, setting up meals and assisting with meals as necessary. Also takes meals to room-bound Residents and assists them as needed
· Monitors intake and output accurately as needed
· Re-positioning residents in bed, chair or wheelchair as needed
· Assists resident to walk with ambulation & monitors for safety
· Answers resident call alarms within 5 minutes or less (teamwork)
· Helps or transfers residents into and out of beds and chairs
· Makes beds, distributes linen, collects soiled linen as scheduled or needed.
· Keeps work and resident areas clean and tidy
· Cleans equipment (including use of wheelchair washer) as needed
· Tidies bedside tables, furniture and bathroom vanities each shift
· Passes & encourages nourishments and snacks as scheduled
· Assists residents in unpacking and storing personal items & belongings
· Gets vitals (temp, pulse, respiration, height & weight) upon admission & as needed
· Completes documentation throughout each shift
· Attends Training and in-service education
· Performs other duties within limits of training related to resident care as assigned
· Acknowledges respect for all individuals, resident/co-workers/public by accomplishing duties with the courtesy of greetings, a smile and a pleasant demeanor
· Other duties as needed or assigned by Supervisor
· Refers to (Nurse) Manager of Resident Service for each assigned plan of care
EDUCATION: Minimum of high school diploma. A year of geriatric experience preferred.
PAY RATE: $12.50 - $18.00 per hour (includes .50 cent attendance bonus and $4 hero pay).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.50 - $18.00 per hour