Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
You will be responsible for the analysis of submitted files for repayment capacity, capital/assets, character, collateral and property condition, while adhering to Chase credit policies and investor guidelines. Underwriter IV may assist as needed with second reviews, group huddles or with shadowing/training opportunities for other team members. Underwriters support and uphold fair lending practices of JPMorgan Chase, and are responsible for productivity targets ensuring the highest quality and level of customer satisfaction.
The underwriter will review and analyze highly complex customer financial documentation, handle specialty or high-risk loans, and find solutions to assist customers in obtaining and/or retaining homeownership. The staff members may interact with other internal and external parties such as Client Care Specialists, Home Lending Advisors, Quality Assurance, Closers and investors or government agencies as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies knowledge of mortgage fulfillment process and Chase credit underwriting guidelines
• Adheres to all Chase Fair Lending practices
• Demonstrates high proficiency in the review of loan documentation to ensure compliance with investor requirements (e.g. loan documents, appraisals, etc.)
• Demonstrates proficiency in analyzing complex financial information including calculation of income and debt ratios, verification of assets, collateral and credit review.
• Resolves difficult and challenging problems by identifying potential or innovative solutions and communicates findings with clarity
• Keep up to date on all credit policy changes that impact underwriting
• Provide excellent customer service, operational excellence and teamwork
• Applies relevant technical and computer skills
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Achieves and/or exceeds work goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
• Demonstrates a determination to get the job done right the first time while ensuring loan decisions meet all program and product specifications
• Minimum of 5 years' experience as residential mortgage underwriter
• Expert knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and an expertise in tax return, balance sheet analysis including cash flow and self-employment income analysis.
• Knowledge and proficiency in all levels of mortgage underwriting including Conventional and Government; Jumbo and Super Jumbo mortgage lending highly preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of Mortgage Insurance policies
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• College degree or relevant work experience preferredChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans